It’s GO Skateboarding Day!
It’s Go Skateboarding Day!
Every year on June 21, skateboarders around the world drop everything to embark on one of the most popular sports around, and go skateboarding!
Redwood City loves skateboarding and loves our local riders. Here are some quick facts about our Skate Park:
- Our skatepark was designed with the help of our local skateboarding community.
- Phil Shao Memorial Skatepark was named after local pro-skating legend, Phil Shao. Phil was raised in Redwood City, a graduate of UC Berkeley and a mentor to many young skaters in the area.
- Just before Phil’s untimely death, at the hands of a drunk driver, he was named as the next editor of Thrasher Magazine.
- Thrasher Magazine rated our skatepark an 8.5 out of 10 – not too shabby!
- We offer Skateboarding lessons & camps!
- Hours of operation: dawn to dusk; except when the sport lights are on, when the skate park closes at 10:00 pm (same hours as the entire park).
Skate Camps & Programs!
Coincidentally, we happen to have Skateboarding Camp running this week! We planned that…right? Society Skate Shop has provided us with their awesome instruction for several years now, and this summer is no exception! Kids have been shredding, ollying, dropping-in and kick-flipping since Monday of this week! Do you have a little X-Gamer in the making that would have enjoyed this camp? Have no fear! We have 3 more weeks of camp, with openings, that you can sign up for! Click here to get started!
Check out our slideshow above! Many of these kids had NO BOARDING EXPERIENCE and are already skating in the bowl! Plus, Society Skate Shop will give registered participants 10% off at the shop to get them hooked-up with safety gear!